Do I need Insurance for working on tap? Generally, yes. But it depends on the nature of your work and your clients.

We’d recommend that you discuss your options with an insurance specialist to ensure you have adequate cover should anything go wrong. nextmile doesn't provide any insurance coverage.

While not an exhaustive list, some key types of insurance policies you may want to consider are:

  • Professional Indemnity Insurance - it is insurance that covers you and limits your liability while you are in the process of doing your job.
  • Public Liability Insurance - this covers you for third party death or injury, say at a client’s office. This type of policy is often mandatory if you’re not working 100% remote.
  • Equipment Insurance - depending on the type and expense of equipment you use to earn an income, it may be wise to ensure you’re covered against damage or theft.
Did this answer your question?